Thursday, May 11, 2006

News, Nails, Dumplings and Gifts

Happy (early) Mother's Day to me! LOL Mike decided to celebrate this evening because Sunday's are not so relaxing for us. He called me from work and said "Get ready, get Izzy ready, and meet me at your favorite restaurant." I was so excited because I love my dumplings and no restaurant makes them quite like this place! Apparantly Isabella agreed because she insisted on eating dumplings instead of what I brought for her and she ate 5 of them! At the restaurant he pulls out some gifts... turns out he got me a lens cleaner, lens cloth, and .... a NEW LENS! I was stoked! I immediately put it on my camera and took some pics. LOVE IT! On our way home, I stopped at a nail place that was having a Mother's Day sale and got a mani/pedicure. The lady was just awesome. We talked about the differences between Americans and Chinese and two hours later, I walked away with pretty hands and feet... what a treat!

~Tease insert~
{I mentioned that I have some news to share but before I do see if you can look
around my blog to find it.}


She didn't speak a lot of English so once she got started, I pulled out my book and relaxed. This book is so good... another one on my top ten list. Here's the one quote (it was hard to choose just one) that is just awesome to dwell upon.

I am not, but I know I AM!

Think about that for a minute. It took me awhile to process this. 'Knowing I AM' has nothing to do with knowing anything I can be it has everything to do with Knowing God. Think of it this way... I am not, but I know God. Such a different statement when you think about it that way.

Back to "I AM" versus "I am not"... here are some statements relating to this quote that really grabbed my attention and made me realize how BIG our God is and how small I really am.

I AM the center of everything.
I AM running the show.
I AM the same every day, forever.
I AM the owner of everything.
I AM the Lord.
I AM the Creator and Sustainer of life.
I AM the Savior.
I AM more than enough.
I AM inexhaustible and immeasurable.
I AM GOD.


I (Melissa) am not the center of everything.
I am not in control.
I am not the solution.
I am not all-powerful.
I am not calling the shots.
I am not the owner of anything.
I am not the Lord.

I (Melissa) am not, but He knows my name.
I am not, but He has pursued me in His love.
I am not, but I have been purchased and redeemed.
I am not, but I have been invited into The Story.
I am not, but I know the Creator of the universe.
I am not, but I know I AM!

Almost forgot to mention that we went to the pool again today! We met Amy and Kinley there and the girls had a good time. Isabella enjoyed it a bit more because she had another 'little' one to play with and the cement wasn't burning hot so she could walk all over the place. In the afternoon, we went to the park and Isabella climbed everything and followed a remote control car around. LOL

So on to my news... I've been invited to sell my designs at Liddys Loft! Since I started scrapping, I dabbled a bit in creating. Mainy just word art and alphas but I did create a kit for Chinese New Year (which reminds me... I should scrap those pics sometime LOL). Anyway... Liddy's Loft had an ad for designers so I just decided to send in some of my creations and lo and behold... she invited me to sell in her boutique. I'm so excited! I'll just be selling word art, alphabets and elements but that's what I enjoy creating. As long as all things work out... my designs will be available on Sunday! How cool is that!

WOW! Talk about feeling blessed! What a wonderful God we serve!


Now... off to watch American Idol to see who gets da boot! I've been fighting hard not to get online today to find out and Mike's been teasing me because he knows.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats on the Liddy's Loft news!!!!!

Deanna said...

yeah Congrats Melissa!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news! Congratulations. :)

Margie said...

That's terrific news!! Can't wait to see your designs!