Monday, May 15, 2006

I passed!

~Exciting news...~
Wow... I made it to the next round of the Ultimate Scrapper contest! I could hardly believe it. This week... make a layout using 3 or more photos that tell a story. Journaling should be about 40% of the LO. I know exactly what story I'm going to tell but have NO idea how to scrap it! LOL I'm so enjoying this contest because it's stretching me and giving me new inspiriation to scrap. I've tried different styles, different lo sizes and different perspectives. Even if I don't make it to the end... I'm pleased with what I've done and enjoyed learning new things.

~Flat news...~
We may have a flat!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the complete opposite of anything we've looked at so far but I think (unless God tells us otherwise) it's the perfect option. No pools, no gym, no fancy details on the inside (or outside for that matter) but it's almost right across from the school where our church meets, right above our bank, within walking distance to the public pool and playgrounds that we go to now. It has 3 bedrooms, a washer AND REAL dryer, a big living room and is within walking distance to the KCR. The best thing... it's within our price range! Yeah... we're going to try and look at one more flat before making the final decision but at least we have hope. We were starting to get a little discouraged. I'm kinda excited about it though. It needs a little loving on the inside but I think I would enjoy this. If you're reading this Andrea, it reminds me of you and Nate's first apartment in Toccoa.

~Personal thoughts...~
I am really struggling with a situation right now. My heart is conflicted and I don't know what is right and what is wrong. I don't even know where to begin to explain what I'm struggling with... it's that confusing. People are asking my opinions, my advice... I know what my heart says and what the Bible says but I also understand that when you are in that situation, it's harder to see what outsiders can see. But that frustrates me... why are we willing to let tension go unresolved? relationships to be destroyed? But then again... I'm not there and don't know the whole story.

~Joy~
I try my hardest to find joy in everything. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail but I do try. It's hard for me to live in HK and be so far away from family. I'll never deny that but I do know that this is where God has placed us and I find joy in knowing that we are in the center of His will. But there are some sweet benefits of living away from family. The things you experience with them are treasured and usually not taken for granted because the time together is limited. Over the past few years, I've developed a special bond with my niece Kara. We've never spent a lot of time together but the times we have are sweet. I love seeing her for the first time (on a visit) and her running to me with arms wide open, I love it when she'll talk to me on the phone about her latest toys, I'll never forget her words when I told her she was going to have a cousin or the way she loves on Isabella when she sees her.

Kara blessed my heart today more than she will ever understand until she's an Aunt of her own. She colored a picture for me and put it in a Mother's Day card. I don't know what it is about pictures from children... but I just love them and treasure them always. This is no exception... up on the refrigerator it goes and will stay until the next one.

~Countdown...
3 more days until my baby's birthday!

I'm off to watch LOST!

No comments: