Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dragon fruit

I've been sitting here off and on for the past hour trying to think of something creative, something intellectual, something exciting to share and well... this is what I came up with. Dragon fruit.....

I've been afraid of this fruit since we moved here. It's just creepy looking to me but today I decided to venture out and buy one. I brought it home, still a little afraid but anxious to see what was on the inside. When I finally got up the guts, I cut it up and was surprised by what I found. I've eaten this fruit before without even knowing it. I've seen the 'cut up' version of it but never knew what the whole package looked like. It's not the most appealing fruit but it is tasty and I was glad I finally got the guts to buy one.

I think I've been afraid in HK. Afraid to make this place my 'home' for what reason, I don't know. Maybe I'm afraid to enjoy living here and making my family in the states feel bad. Maybe I'm afraid because I miss and want the conveniences of things in the states. I'm not really sure.... but today was a good step for me. Getting outside, getting fresh air, and buying this creepy looking fruit did wonders for me. I felt a release, a release to enjoy the lifestyle of HK, to enjoy the culture of HK. I wish I could explain it but words escape me right now. All I can say is that God is Awesome! He meets us and loves us where we're at but doesn't want us to stay there. He wants us to grow daily and today was a good swift kick in the behind for me and I needed it.

On top of God giving me this release, He sent the most encouraging words to me through Jenny. Her words made me tear up with sadness of missing her and her family but also with joy because these words of encouragement reminded me that God brought us here to use us and He's going to do exciting things.

So I decided today that it's time to venture out a bit more and see what God has in store.

No comments: