Friday, January 20, 2006

Decisions...


It was a rainy/misty day today so I chose to stay indoors and play photographer. Isabella turned 8 months old yesterday and was due for her monthly pictures. Still working on the editing of the pictures but thought I'd post one anyway. It's been so much fun watching her change each month... this month I'm happy to report that she finally has some hair that you should be able to see in the pictures! The poor girl gets mistaken for a boy all the time because of her bald head. Also, I think we've finally come to the conclusion that she's probably one out of a million babies who doesn't need as much sleep as they say babies do. She's officially waking up between 7 and 7:30am now and we're lucky if she'll nap for 45 minutes, 2 times a day. I have a hard time with that but once I'm out of the bed, I can manage... it's just getting out (or should I say rolling out) that's the problem.

Tomorrow is (r)evolve again and we're trying to make a decision as to whether or not I should be involved. The kids love Isabella which is awesome but they are also VERY distracted by her. Ahhh.. the joys of not having a building or nursery. So I guess we have decided that I will come and eat dinner and hang out before hand but will leave when the evening officially begins. It breaks my heart but I know this is the best thing for our students. The last thing I want is for them to be distracted from God's message.

I'm still pretty busy studying Chinese New Year and learning a lot. I bought Isabella a dragon marionette to celebrate her 1st CNY. It's a bit scary looking but the Dragon Dance is huge so I felt it was appropriate. I want Isabella to be a part of the culture here as much as she can. What neat stories she will have to share when she gets older.

God has been really good to us the past few days. Nothing extremely exciting has happened but our spirits have been lifted and the 'weight' of our recent struggles seems to be lifting. He is good and I know it's because so many of you were praying for us too!

No comments: