Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where do I start?




I'm so far behind and have so many things to be thankful for that I'm overwhelmed at trying to remember and write everything. So this post may either be rather long or short.

What a great time we had in the states but it is good to be home. The flight was uneventful but very long. Isabella did not sleep much and we didn't have much room for her to get out some energy. Thankfully, prayers were answered and I had the most helpful man sitting next to me. He helped me out by keeping Isabella entertained, carrying my bags, and even cutting up my food so I could eat. LOL

Unfortunately, Isabella is not adjusting well to the time change. She has gone to sleep around 5/6pm each night and is waking around 3/4am. She's not feeling well either so she just wants to be held all the time. We pray this adjustment won't take too long but were warned that it could be up to about 2 weeks before she gets back on track. Oh well... seeing family and friends is worth it. It's Missions Conference for all English speaking churches this week in HK so Mike will be extremely busy. I pray that we'll all survive this week with not getting too much sleep.

We were treated to an incredible dinner at the Harbour Plaza Hotel and I pigged out on curry, satay, and a chocolate fountain. Okay... I didn't really pig out. I'm getting the hang of watching my portion sizes. But I found it funny (what I ate) because this buffet is known for it's American foods. I guess I'm adjusting to some things. LOL

Thank you to everyone who made the effort to see us while we were home. I know some of you travelled a bit and I appreciate that. It was so great to catch up on your lives. I look forward to seeing you the next time.

The break was good for me... I learned a lot and feel ready to dive into life here. I will begin (again... this time slowly so I don't kill my knees) my marathon training in the next couple of days, finalize Children's Church plans (PTL We got a room!), catch up on my scrapbooking, reorganize/decorate our flat so that it's homier, and focus more on my personal relationship with Christ. We've got some neat things coming up in the next few months that I'm really excited about and I want to be as prepared as I can.

We have about 1 month before our trip to Thailand as a family (for rest) and I'm so excited about that. Life can get really busy at times and it will be nice to spend lots of time together as a family doing fun things.

Well... I'm going to bed so that I can be prepared for that early morning waking. This layout is off some pictures I took last night of Isabella. She was so tired that she barely moved so I thought it would be a great chance to take a couple of pictures of her in this sleeper. I got some great pictures of her sleeping too... be on the look for another layout. (ha ha) The kit I used is Andrea Burns' Snowflower Kit.

No comments: