Monday, February 27, 2006

Funny story

I'm the lucky one who gets to sleep on the floor when everyone's at my parents house. The kids always win out on beds and once Mommy is here, Kara always wants her to share the bed. No biggie but it made for an interesting evening last night. Isabella had another bad night so my mom brought her out to me to see if I could get her to sleep. I didn't mind this either because it meant I got to snuggle with my baby and this doesn't happen very often.

Anyway.. in the middle of the night, I hear some wimpering. I wake up to pick up Isabella and she's no longer next to me. I sit up to find her and low and behold... she is half way under the couch! It scared me at first but then I just chuckled. I have no idea how she managed to stay asleep as she scooted under it but she did. She has definitely inherited her Daddy's crazy sleeping habits!

Church was wonderful this morning and Pastor Dail asked me to share a bit about our ministry in Hong Kong next week. I agreed and now I'm wishing I hadn't. I get so nervous speaking but thankfully, I only have to talk for 5 minutes. His message was on mercy. How to recognize when we need it, when we've received it, and when others need it. A definition he shared will forever stick with me: Mercy=What we don't get when we do deserve it. Hmmm... made me realize how merciful God has been towards me.

Erin and the girls left this afternoon but will return this Friday. It's been a great few days with family. I feel so blessed to be so loved.

No comments: