Wednesday, June 14, 2006

WELCOME~

Welcome John and Sarah! It was so great to see them walk through the welcome hall and give them a hug. We kept them very busy this evening in hopes that they will be able to sleep and poor things were so exhausted. I know how it is... we already introduced them to the Airport Express, KCR, mini-bus, Taxi, crowds, flat hunting, and taught them a few Cantonese words. Yikes... I hope we haven't overwhelmed them. LOL At least we didn't introduce them to any exotic foods... we had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's.

Tomorrow they are to go to an orientation for a ministry here called Crosswords but we're going to see how they sleep. We don't want to wake them if necessary especially since their ministry there won't start until next week. They came with the attitude of 'we want to serve' (how incredible is that?) and so Mike has a few things lined up for them ministry wise and I have a few fun things lined up for them. LOL These next two weeks are just going to FLY by but we're going to have a blast I'm sure. They were sweet enough to bring us a few treats... deodarant for Mike (lol), new sandals for Izzy, and peanut butter M&M's for me. Their older sister Angie sent along another little treat for me... some MaryKay products! I was so excited!

Isabella warmed up to them in no time and I think she's going to have a blast having them around. Although I'm a bit worried about her sleeping habits. We had to do some re-arranging to fit everyone in and give them some priavacy and now Izzy's sleeping in our room. Mike will just have to stop his late night dicussions and giggles. (he he... okay so maybe that's me).

Flat Hunt~
I think we have a flat! We are waiting to see if the landlord will remove some furniture and if he's willing we'll be moving! It's a different complex than we anticipated but I love it. The amenities are very nice and new with a HUGE pool and very fun playground equipment. The flat is not huge but bigger than we have now with an incredible kitchen with LOTS of storage space! It's set off a bit from the heart of the city which is always a plus and there's an Alliance Church within walking distance. How cool is that! It's not English speaking but I'm wondering if maybe there's a way I could get Isabella involved in something to help out her language skills. But... I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't want to be let down again. So we're praying and we due to some things... feel this is God's leading. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have good news.

What else to share.....
Oh how could I forget... I'm one day away from having a Coke! Tomorrow hits 21 days so Friday I can treat myself to a Coke Light! I can't believe it. I can't believe I went so long without having soda and I'm actually kinda proud of myself. These 21 days have just flown by so now I'm thinking about what other habits to work on. Maybe no sweets. Not sure I could make that one. LOL

My mind is drawing a blank so I better hit the hay. Have a wonderful day!


ps. I had some pics to show but bloggers not working for me so maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the coke! I'm sending you lots of "flat vibes" your way, hope everything will be following your expectations!

Rachael said...

Congrats on the 21 days! Oh, and I LOVE your blog header! What an awesome quote!