Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blessed Sunday



I forgot to mention that the new set-up for the 2/3 year olds Children Church began today. I was so excited and nervous that I was at church at 8 to set up. Turns out that a week of not using a room leads to mustyness (is that a word?), mold, and dead cockroaches. YUCK! But we managed to get it clean enough to use today and will be even cleaner next Sunday.

We had a GREAT time. God was truly a part of this ministry today. We had 6 students and they ALL sang and repeated scripture with me! Ahhhh.... I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was. There was only one incident and that involved an unwillingness to share but I simply said, "If you cannot share, I will put it away for today." and boom... she passed the ball. LOL I have two, two year olds who's vocabulary is limited but they both joined in singing Jesus Loves Me and danced to the other songs. I have two, very shy girls who TALKED! I couldn't believe it. And I have one boy who quoted the scripture to me at the end of our time. WOW.... God is so good! I am so looking forward to next week and will be sad to hand over the teaching to others in June. LOL


Just a little LO I quickly made this evening so you can see who is involved in the CC ministries. Please pray for these children!

After today, I have another million thoughts running through my head on how to make the room more child friendly but unfortunately that will come in time. We are still in need of toys (how cool is this... the two things I wanted were riding toys and blocks and we got both but too many blocks!) and our own crayons but the children seemed pleased with what was available.

So today... memory verse. Next week... puppets!

Isabella, on the other hand, had a rough Sunday. Poor sleeping habits yesterday and an early morning led to a very tired girl. We ended up coming home after church and she took a good long nap. Hopefully tomorrow she'll get all caught up and back to a normal schedule.

I was going to write about our trip today but I've already managed to write a book so once again I will leave that until tomorrow. Instead I will show you some more pictures and some scripture layouts that I've created for a book I'm making for Isabella's 1st birthday.


Isabella enjoying her Banana, Pineapple and Yogurt Shake


Monkey Island


Daddy and Isabella at Monkey Island

No comments: