Friday, April 14, 2006

And we're off....

We leave in about 1hr for our 'Empty' retreat. I know that I won't get to participate too much with Isabella attending as well but I'm still stoked... (yes I said stoked for you Lem fans out there) about it. I just know God is going to do some neat things. It's such a different retreat that focuses on being alone with God. We are having a prayer labyrinth, stations of the cross, sunrise service, etc. Here's a link to a video that we used for promotion purposes...

http://www.harvestershk.com/encounter/index.html

Anyway... it'll be weird not being in 'church' for Easter Sunday but I'd rather be together as a family on this special day. I hope you all can take the time to reflect on meaning of Easter... not only Christ's death but His resurrection. I think we often forget that aspect of Easter. What amazing love that Christ would die for us but how incredible for Him to rise again showing us that He conqueared death once and for all... for all those that believe in Him. Takes my breath away each time I think about it. And what's even cooler... is that He did this for ______ (insert your name). Re-read that and place your name in that sentence. Now take a moment and reflect on that. How can you be thankful for Him today?

1 comment:

Josh Virkler said...

Beautiful "I" (in your previous post) :)

Thanks for the reminder. This is such a busy weekend for us, Easter is sort of becoming a "busy Sunday with both of our families" instead of a time to celebrate and thank Him for His gift to us.
Not sure yet how I'll answer that, but I'll think about it while I get moving on my day. Have a great Easter and an amazing time at the retreat!