Monday, April 24, 2006

~Greetings from Thailand~


Sawadee Ka!

While Mike is checking out some things he bought at the famous Night Market of Hua Hin, I thought I would blog about the awesome time we are having and the amazing ways God has blessed us on our trip so far.

Let me begin by saying how brave (not sure if brave is the correct word... maybe crazy or foolish would be better) we must have been to make reservations at a place we've never heard of, been to, or known anyone else that's been to. I also consider us a bit brave (there's that word again) to make flight reservations on Sri Lankan airlines. I must admit I was a bit nervous getting on that plane but left feeling humbled about my cultural sensitivity. God blessed us with wonderful service and Isabella walked away with her own little packet of food, diapers, wipes, and toys! I would definitely fly with them again.

We had a bit of adventure on our ride from Bangkok to Dolphin Bay when our van broke down about 45 minutes north of the resort. Our driver spoke VERY little English so we didn't really understand what was going on but we put two and two together when we were told... 'please wait 10 minutes' and another Dolphin Bay vehicle pulled up. So we got to our room about 1:30am.

Monday morning we awoke to a beautiful resort. Outside our door were the two pools and to the right a view of the bay. The buffet breakfast was incredible... omelets, freshly made bread, fresh fruit, pineapple juice (there goes my good eating habits.. we get to enjoy this everyday!) After breakfast we explored the beach, play area, and grassy fields. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed in the beach. It's not exactly a swimming type beach like I expected. Being a bay the waves are tiny and the sand isn't exactly easy on the feet but it's still beautiful and we've enjoyed a little wadding. This resort is set away from the city and is incredibly peaceful. After our trip into Hua Hin this evening, we were grateful that we didn't stay in the city. Dolphin Bay has caused us to just sit and relax and enjoy each other. Had we been in the city, we would've felt like we had to be 'doing' something all the time.

On our first day I enjoyed a pedicure, Mike a massage and we all had fruity drinks by the pool. Total spent including lunch and dinner... about $25! How cool is that!

Today Mike went Kayaking and we're planning trips to the National Park and an elephant ride. I also have plans for a mani/pedicure before we leave! LOL At $4 total you can't beat that!

Our market trip this evening was so fun. We walked away with a ton of stuff and spent very little. We got lots of movies, a Burberry purse (don't really know the name but I'm told it's a big one... LOL) some lamps, coasters, place mats, computer software, a belt, 2 books, and a gorgeous vase. WOW~ We may have to buy another bag to bring all this back. LOL

So anyway... it's been a GREAT trip! Isabella and I love having Daddy around all the time and it's so great to be outside. For my own sake (so that I don't forget anything) I'm going to list some other neat blessings from above...

~SEEING STARS (you really don't know what you're missing until you see it again)
~listening to crickets
~beautiful weather
~good food... good THAI food (Love this stuff)
~being served
~quietness
~space
~less people
~reading

I know there's a lot that I'm missing but I'm tired and think I'll go to bed now.

Have a great day!

No comments: