Thursday, March 22, 2007

17 days and counting...

I am so ready for this trip to Thailand... I just cannot wait to wake up to the ocean, sip on smoothies all day long, enjoying every moment with my family. It's just going to be such a sweet time! We're finally into the teens!!!

But I'm doing terrible with my 21 day challenge. The whole pop thing is going best and getting up at 7... the worst. Shocker, eh? Well I had every intention on getting up at 7 on Tuesday until the middle of the night woke me up causing me to run to the lu. Yeah... I felt like I did last summer when John and Sarah were here. Body aching like never before... I'll spare you the details but I literally could not get out of bed. I begged Mike to come in and massage my body (we have a handy dandy handheld massager) because I just ached and ached. It was awful. I finally managed to get out of bed around 11am but only for a few short hours. How wonderful it was that Pastor Ed allowed Mike to stay home all day with me and Hannah was able to come over in the evening while Mike was out. I have NO CLUE as to what caused it and I'm thankful to say that while my stomach is still a bit tender... I felt great the minute I woke up on Wed. In fact, I ran my best run ever Wed night and felt like I could've run all evening. Wierd.. so Mike and I decided that once a month I just need to lay in bed for over 24hrs. LOL Wouldn't that be nice! I couldn't even look at the computer my head ached so bad. So needless to say... I haven't gotten up at 7am at all and I'm quite okay with that. ;) I'll try again soon.

I have a bit more that I need to write... especially about our fun day today with Adelina and Kayla but surprisingly I'm not in the mood to be on the computer. I'd rather read so I'm outta here.

But I have to share that as of yesterday... I was 1 up on Mike in our challenge. I'm sure it's all evened out at this point as I didn't get my workout in today (for very good reasons) but at least for 1 day... I was in the lead!!! Wohoo! A few people mentioned to Mike this past weekend that I might be a bit competitive... what do you think? LOL

And I can't really forget to wish my sis and big ole HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {It's an especially sweet birthday for her... well number wise anyway.... and just wanted to wish her the happiest of days!!!!} (yes I know it was yesterday but I didn't blog so I decided to write it today..lol)

1 comment:

Lena Brandenburg said...

Melissa, I've missed visiting your blog! Things have just gotten a bit crazy around here with illness and other stuff...I'm glad to hear you are doing well...Thailand? How exciting! Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad the running is going well! I am challenging myself as well..but running is out for me! :) Hope to visit more often...take care!