Friday, April 27, 2007

Power Quotes

I was hanging out at coolrunning.com today and found this list of power quotes and I thought they were great but the one that I know will make me push myself is the very last one... yeah I don't know if that's a good thing or not but I did realize one thing... once I set my mind to something, there's really no stopping me. It's almost as if I become obsessive until completion. Again, I'm not sure if that's a good thing but as I look back on my spiritual life, I can remember telling God... I want to follow you but I'm just not ready... help me to be ready, give me that desire to serve you alone. And you know what... a few months later, I was ready, I was committed... and I've been hard core ever since. There was no looking back once I made that decision... some of the bigger issues I was dealing with at the time... gone... simply because I was committed... I became obsessive about following Christ. (not to say I didn't, nor still don't sin... I'm not perfect but you get my drift. well at least I hope you do but I know what I'm saying. lol) Anyway... some may say this 'obsessive' nature is a bad thing but in regards to my spiritual life... it's been AWESOME!!!


"Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit."

I have fought the good fight,I have finished the race,I have kept the faith

Yahweh ... please give me strength ...

Pr 4:12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

Pr 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Isa 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

1Co 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Heb 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Ac 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race

Ga 5:7 You were running a good race.

2Ti 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


"Is this REALLY the best you can do?"



Okay.. I felt the need to ramble some more. Hope I didn't bore you too much. :)

No comments: