Wednesday, April 18, 2007

funny stories

There were quite a few funny things that happened on our trip but I think this one took the cake. We were practicing words with Isabella... you know I say 'pool' she says 'pool' and we were going through names of family members. She was doing well and trying really hard and then we got to 'Juan' and this was how it went...

Me: Juan
Isabella: Two

We about died of laughter. I really don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. It was just too cute. So I tried again...

Me: No Isabella... Juan. Like Uncle Juan
Isabella: two

Insert more laughter here. Another name she struggles with is Hannah. It seems that Izzy associates Hannah with cookies because every time we say Hannah... Isabella says 'cookie.' She's always good for a laugh.

In our practicing of words though... she now says thank you in Cantonese! And she's also said Jo San (aka good morning) a few times but it's not as consistent. How fun to listen to her vocabulary expand.. though I am starting to get weary of 'pool' and 'what's dis?' :)

No comments: