Saturday, August 26, 2006

Quickie...

Today was Hannah's welcome BBQ at the Enns' (where she will be living) and it was fabulous! We had a great turnout and just a fun evening all around. Hannah just really impressed me with her desire to get to know our students. I think it's so easy to expect people to make the effort to get to know you (when you're the new one) but she has really stepped up and made the effort with everyone that she has met so far. By doing this, I think she's going to have an amazing ministry here on top of some amazing friendships. The students really welcomed her too and I was quite suprised with how 'chatty' they were with her. It was so great to watch. God's plans are always perfect and it's so cool to see that Hannah was no doubt the one He chose to be our intern.

On a more personal note... I tried really hard to interact with Kristen and I think it paid off a bit. She's a sweet girl but has forgotten her 'first love' (Rev 2:4) and I really want to encourage her. This was the first time I've been able to have a converstaion that included more than 'Hi, how are you?' and I learned a few things about her that will allow me in the future to talk with her more easily. I also spent quite a bit of time with the Angela's, Ben, and Vania which was awesome.

Ministry tonight felt so normal, so familiar... a BBQ at a home, with lots of youth, and a game of capture the flag. I realized how much I miss the ability to minister in this way. How much I miss just having the youth over to just 'hang out' and will begin to pray that God would allow us to move into something very similar to where the Enns' live or at least a spacious flat that's more accomadating to 20 some kids. We don't get to see our students very often relax like they did this evening so it's fun to see them be themselves and to be able to connect on a deeper level.

Tomorrow Mike preaches and I'm excited to be a part of the service. Adelina, Nick and Kayla will join us again and I'm just looking forward to being with our family. I always have a hard time in the mornings to get my butt moving, especially on a Sunday, because I know it'll be a long day but I never once go to sleep without feeling blessed to have spent the day with family. And with that...

off to bed.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: