Friday, August 11, 2006

Darn blogger...

this is Lillian--what a doll
Andrea Burns Seth's Charm Kit and Michelle Pearson's Flourish Brushes

here is my baby at 14 months
Andrea Burns Little Miss Me

Blogger is driving me nuts!!! I think I may look around for another blogging host that's a bit more consistent in allowing me to post photos. Somehow I managed these two but now it's not letting me do anything.

Today was pretty relaxed. Isabella woke up early but shortly there after Mike got up and let me go back to sleep. He came back to bed around 9am and I was convinced Isabella would not take a nap at that time (she hasn't for the past week and a half) but she proved me wrong. So she and I slept until 11:30!

About 4:30 we went to the park where Izzy met a little girl named Jama. They had fun following each other around and Jama's amah told me she thought Izzy was my sister! Too funny. But Isabella tired pretty quickly this trip. She loves to swing these days (well she always has but she likes the big girl swings now) and all the swings were taken so she was pretty bummed. So we headed to the church office to pick up Mike. We took a trip to the KCR station to buy some milk and eat dinner. We tried a new place and I'm so proud to say that Isabella likes CURRY! I about died when she kept begging Mike for more! I'm so thrilled that my baby loves Asian food.

Tomorrow is the youth's big photo scavenger hunt and I can't wait to see what they all think. Mike has put a lot of time into this and I think it's going to be awesome. Isabella and I will send them off and meet them at the end because we'd probably just slow them down.

I have majorly been slacking in my reading so I decided today to look at this sitefor something to challenge my thinking. This is the verse of the day:

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

And these were the special thoughts about the verse:
Our treasure and our truth come from Scripture. Scripture is God's guidance for us on how to avoid Satan's harmful traps and to live God's blessed life. Rather than seeing God's Word as limiting, we need to see it as a gift of love and to value it more highly than riches.
Psalm 119:14

I just loved how they explained God's truth as a gift of love. I think so often we look at scripture as a set of rules, something that's just too hard to live up to. And I think sometimes that's what pushes people away from the Lord. They don't want to be told what to do or how to live and sometimes even admit that some of their ways are not right. Scripture is not meant to make our lives miserable but in reality to set us free to live as it was shared above, 'God's blessed life.' Jesus says, 'If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:31-32 Jesus is telling us that when we are abiding in God's word, we can be set free from our sins... which can change our lives immensely. His words can help us to be joyful, loving, etc... I could go on and on... just look at the fruits of the spirit in Gal 5:22/23! These are characteristics that develop in you as you grow in your walk with Christ. Who wouldn't want to be considered a loving, joyful, patient, kind, good, etc... person?

So basically what my heart is trying to say is that God's word, His law is not a bad thing. We shouldn't look at it as a way to ruin the fun in our lives but rather look at it as a way to improve our lives. To give us purpose. I remember my life before Christ and I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I'm having way more FUN, experiencing more than I could have ever imagined, and happier more joyful than I have EVER been.

I'm so glad that I read this verse today because it reminded me that as a Christ follower, I need to be digging into God's word... looking for His guidance. Not because anyone is telling me I have to (and unfortunately I feel that sometimes we as Christ followers think of this as more of a duty rather than a fun and enjoyable way to draw closer to God) but because as I've already shared... it's a great way to learn more and grow in our relationship with Christ and as I grow... I can be set free from the sins of my life.

No comments: