Thursday, January 18, 2007

Totally Randomness

I have some things to write but I'd really like to go to bed early today so here are a few things that went through my mind today...

1. Do public bus drivers get free bus transportation?
2. Why is that everyone at the markets know my name?
3. If I yelled 'SARS ALERT' in the MTR... would people scatter so that I could get through faster? (probably not but I may have better luck if I yelled H5N1 (bird flu))
4. Would I break the DVD player if I took it all apart? (turns out no... wohoo!)
5. How do you know if you should (or is there ever a bad time/situation) give money to a person (that you don't know) in need?
6. I've got the cutest, sweetest little girl ever!
7. How in the world will I answer my door and get Isabella's diaper on at the same time?
8. Why am I so un-disciplined (is that even a word)/unmotivated in my PT for my balance when I can't even play ring around the rosies with my baby?
9. Had I purchased a purse at the market for her immediate asking price, I would have totally been taken advantage of. She started at 180 and ended at 50! I didn't even try to barter, I was just asking how much it was and as I walked away she continued to lower the price.
10. Why do people at the markets try to take advantage of me because I'm white and a foreigner? Do they ever think that these white people might be Hong Kongers and not rich?
11. Oh I'm so very blessed with the friends that I have here in HK and so lucky that I keep meeting new ladies.
12. How sweet it was to meet Makiko's daughter Miyu and fun when she asked me to bring her something back from the states.
13. Mike looks so handsome with his new do... oh if only I had a picture. Oh wait.. go here:

http://web.mac.com/aicyouth/iWeb/AICYouth/Who%20we%20are%20.html

and you can see a picture of what I'm currently looking at.

Okay... I'm up past my bed time. Need to get up and run.

Have a wonderful day!



VOTD:

“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Isn't this an encouraging verse!

1 comment:

Lena Brandenburg said...

Thanks for the entertaining post, Melissa! LOL and that photo...too much! :)