Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blessed yet again

Carolanne made this comment in regards to my post yesterday.... "And you know, guess this could be applied to when we're writing up our blogs. Definitely something to think about for sure - thanks for sharing!" It was a great reminder that while I blog for myself... others do read and I never know where they stand in their relationship with the Lord... so I need to 'speak as though I'm speaking the very words of God.' Talk about putting the pressure on. :) I wouldn't ever want to say something that is unbiblical or misleading.

And today's VOTD is:

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” - Ephesians 5:1-2

Yet another powerful scripture! How much would my life change if I simply followed the words of God that I've posted over the past two days?!! It is definitely something worth striving for that's for sure... man I should have made one of my resolutions to memorize scripture because I'm definitely on a great start with that. :)

Today was full of blessings as we worshipped together as a church family. My children's church worship leader did an AMAZING job with the students this morning and when I chatted with her about some changes that will take place soon... she was really excited which definitely encouraged me! I taught the 7-9yr olds today and they blessed me by being excited about being involved in the changes that will take place in a few months as well. Adelina, Nick and Kayla were back and it was so good to see them. I met with my girls for Sunday School and we're begining a new study with them: Experiencing God (LOVE this material) the youth edition and I was blessed by their excitment to do this study. Isabella took a wonderful nap and I got to join her this afternoon... always a welcomed blessing. And we had some great family time in the evening coloring and taking a walk. Just a great day all around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll remember your church family during my prayer time this week.
And God Bless you for teaching the 7 to 9 year olds. I did a stint of SS teaching at that age range and they drove me nuts!!

Margie said...

I love the scripture you referenced today!! Great to meditate upon.
We are using Experiencing God also-but with our women's ministry. We started last year and hopefully will finish this spring.
I read you are going to run your 10k-wow that is awesome!! I'll be praying for continued strength in your legs and good health :)
Oh-I figured out the no lines thing on my blog!!

Lena Brandenburg said...

Melissa, I was thinking of you two days ago when I blogged about God's blessings...your blog has really given me a lot to think about! Thank you!