Thursday, February 02, 2006

Good food & fellowship

God always has a way of lifting you up when you're down and yesterday was one of those days. My previous post was about how I can get lonely at times and in the middle of the day, yesterday, we got a call from some friends who asked us over for dinner. We've been trying to get together since Christmas so we were excited to and I left their flat last night full of joy. We had a great dinner, chili.. one of my favorites, and the fellowship was sweet. I love it when our friends interact/play with Isabella because it makes me feel like she has Aunts/Uncles here and isn't missing out on that type of family love. She had a blast playing with them, giggling up a storm at 'peek-a-boo', and staying up until 11:30pm. I was introduced to two logic puzzle games and was hooked! Now.. I'm off to find one of them. LOL And Mike drooled over their new iSight for Mac. ha ha Anyway... it was a great night. Thanks Baker's for having us over.

I thought I was going to have the chance to see the dragon dance but Isabella took a late nap and by the time I got out there, the dragons were just making their way around the complex doing something in the doorways. (Still figuring out exactly the purpose behind it but I'm sure it has something to do with prosperity and wealth.) It was still cool to see and I got a few pictures.

So life was back to normal today... back to the busyness of HK. Will I ever get used to this?

No comments: