Thursday, February 23, 2006

Update...

This post may be rather long... it's been a few weeks since I've been able to sit down and write out my thoughts. (sorry Chris... I guess I lost my title of 'most consistent blogger')

First of all... our trip to the states has been awesome and the time is sadly flying by. I'm already at my last stop and I feel that I could've used a few more weeks at each place. MN was awesome. The greeting we received both at the airport and at church on Sunday was more than we imagined. We miss our Nowthen Church family terribly but know that God has us where He wants us and that Danny, Maurice, Bill and Tim are exactly where they should be. Our 'kids' (you will always be our kids) had a potluck dessert night on Sunday and our hearts were warmed by the attendence. Thank you all for making us feel so loved and blessed. There were so many people we didn't get to spend time with that we realized our next visit will have to be much longer. Our prayer is that we can be with you next winter for our little 'furlough.'

Next, I headed off to my in-laws and what a great time we had there. What a special treat to have chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite) waiting for me for Valentines Day by my father-in-law. I was so happy that Isabella got to know Grandpa and Grandma and even Aunt Nikki and Karly. Nikki and Karly came all the way from FL for a long weekend so we could see them. Karly and Isabella had a blast playing together and it was so cute to watch them. Good-byes are always hard for me but we're hoping to see them this summer in HK.

I'm currently at my parents and I got a special surprise on Tuesday night. My sister called and asked if the girls could come on Wed and stay until Sunday and of course I said yes. The more time I have with family the better. So this means that instead of just 4 days with them, I will have over a week and I'll get to see my sister a bit more too. God always knows what we need. To top that off, my niece Kara told me in bed last night that she was about to cry because she was so happy to see me. Talk about feeling loved. It's been so fun to watch her interact with Isabella, she just loves her. Laurel on the other hand is not so sure about Isabella or me but the last time I saw her she was only 7 months (now 14 months) so we're just a bunch of new faces. Isabella has warmed up to Pappy and Grammy and Grammy is giving me much needed rest. I slept through the night for the first time in probably a year.

I have much more to write so I will break this up into a couple of posts but this is just a brief post of what's been going on the past three weeks.

Blessings, blessings, blessings... I sure don't deserve them but I'm so thankful for such a loving God who has decided to bestow them upon me anyway.

No comments: