Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sai Kung Small Group

We had a wonderful inaugural, as Mike called it, Sai Kung small group meeting. There were 6 of us (a few unable to make it this evening) and 5 kids! I tried a new Rachel Ray recipe Sicilian Eggplant Marinara over Penne and made a strawberry salad with Dori's Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing with brownies for dessert. I thought it was delicious but I guess that's not saying much because I love food. It was fun to hear parts of their stories and am excited to see how this group will grow and develop.

*****

Overall the day was quite peaceful... in the morning I took the kids outside to play with the neighbor boy Ling Ling. Izzy rode her bike and Isaiah showed off his walking skills. It was really fun to watch he and Ling Ling interact. Ling Ling didn't want Isaiah to have anything but Isaiah wasn't going to be walked over. He stood his ground which was funny to watch. He just kinda arches his back and grunts.

I stayed home in the afternoon to prepare dinner while Isabella and Mike had Awana and Joan took Isaiah with them. I actually wasn't feeling so good so I took a short rest and felt much better, then I went for a run which surprisingly made me feel great! I really enjoyed planning the meal and cooking it. I love to try new recipes but for some reason I really enjoy trying them on new people. So far, I've not had any complaints from doing this and hopefully it'll stay that way. :)

The children played well together which is exciting for me because hopefully by Dec, our neighbors flat will be renovated and they'll move back in, which means Izzy will have some good friends close by as will I.

******

I just checked the evite I sent for Mom Time this Tuesday and we have about 10 moms attending! I'm SO excited about this but I ask that you would pray for Vivian and I as we prepare and for the time together ... that we would be able to develop solid friendships in which we can speak truth into their lives.

No comments: