Saturday, March 29, 2008

for the love of exercise... haha

So I've been slightly depressed with the weight gain and body changes Baby Bob has brought on. I know this is normal but I've worked so hard to get into shape after having Izzy that knowing I'm going to have to do it all over again is no fun. I've even been slghtly depressed that because I was so sick at first, I was not able to run or exercise period and now it's hard to get back into the routine. And knowing that starting a running routine after weeks and weeks of not plus an enlarged stomach reminds me that it will not be easy and that I'll pretty much have to go back to scratch... that's really depressing when I an average run was at least 8 miles a day. :( But alas...

I've been looking into some pregnancy workout DVDs (yes... I know I'm weird but I really do enjoy working out to videos) and at first all I could find here were yoga/pilates videos... not exactly what I was looking for at this point. So I got on Amazon.com and found more of what I'm looking for and am patiently waiting it's arrival. I actually cannot even remember the name but it was reviewed well so I hope it's what it says. Which gives me a better attitude and hope that it's still not too late. LOL And then I got an email from Billy Blanks and when I checked out his website... lo and behold there is a post-natal DVD!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was... I LOVE tae bo. They also have a new series of videos out that I told Mike I'd like for my birthday. :) I just finished reading some reviews on the postnatal video and one lady said she was even able to use it during pregnancy so I'm thinking I may go ahead and purchase this one as well.

On top of finding all those videos, Mike and I were talking and since this will be my last baby (unless God has other plans) I asked him if I could hire a personal trainer (well of course depending on price) for even just one session. There's a fitness center in Sai Kung that promotes itself as personal training/etc so I'm going to look into that. I didn't have problems losing weight after Izzy but I still had those flabby arms and thighs that I thought maybe a few sessions with a trainer would give me some wisdom on how to build the muscle properly.

So it gets me excited because I love to exercise and I love being in shape... and it's nice to know I already have a plan rather than trying to figure something out when the time comes like I did after Izzy.

But anyway.... it's just something that I've been thinking about and getting excited about.

No comments: