Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Official....

I gave birth to a fish... not a little girl. :) Granted it is about 73 degrees outside... but it has just started to warm up in the past 2 weeks after a series of freezing forty/50ish temps (which is very cold for HK). There's no way most people would even think about swimming. Most people are still wearing pants and long sleeves and coats. But last friday a few girls were just getting their feet wet in the pool as we were headed into town and of course Izzy just begged to swim so I told her that next week we could put our feet in. Well today was pretty nice out and she asked again so we walked over to the pool, put our feet in and almost instantly she started begging for her swimsuit. I tried to get her to go in enough to get her belly wet (thinking that if she did that she would think twice) but no... it just made her want to swim more. So I gave in. She got her swimsuit on and had a blast for about an hour. Mike and I were just amazed that she was not cold at all. But I guess it doesn't matter what the temp is for a fish... as long as they're in water. And she just loved it. Mike and Joan on the other hand spent the day cleaning up our yard and it looks amazing. I'll have to see if I can find some before pictures to show you what they've been doing but it looks great and in about a half-hour we're going to the nursery to pick out some flowers to replace what has been taken down. I never imagined in a million years we'd be doing yard work in HK. Just one more thing to be thanking God for His blessings.







No comments: