Saturday, January 10, 2009

PUrPOSE





Sorry the pics are small... this is all blogger would allow for today. :)

Mike had to take public in to Awana today so I decided to stay home and catch up on a bit of sleep and relax a bit. It turned out to be a great day for me. I had some time alone with Isaiah which I love and time alone to myself as Isaiah took a great nap. I got a short nap but then was able to get caught up on my Bible reading as I was a few days behind. Many, many things stood out to me today that made me stop and think and pray and think some more. It was awesome to reflect on God's word and not worry about fitting it in-between things or what child would need me. :) Once Isaiah woke up, I decided to take some pictures and he was awesome! Then I waited for the family to get home and have dinner. Isaiah had a bad night last night so I'm hoping to get to bed fairly early and get a good nights sleep for tomorrow. I'm really excited to go to church.

I've been thinking/praying about my word for the year and as I sat down to read this afternoon, I began by praying and as I prayed it was like God stopped me to say, 'Please listen to your prayer. What you are asking... it all fits into one word, one that you've just said yourself... Purpose.'

So my word for the year is Purpose. I want my life to have purpose and all the things I do to have a purpose... and not just some random Purpose but to bring Glory to God and lead others into a deep, meaningful relationship with Him too.

Last year I lived in survival mode... just trying to make it each day and I refuse to live that way no matter what happens. I want to be used by God, I want to be doing what He wants me to do, I want to do things well not just because it needs to be done.

The word Purpose will remind me to pray, to seek God, to make wise decisions, to worship and glorify God all day in every way and to seek opportunities to introduce Jesus to those who don't know Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME photos, Melissa!