Friday, January 02, 2009

And the bug remains...

We had intentions of spending the day at Disney with some new friends but we're still not feeling 100%. So I spent the day playing games, barbie's, building things, singing, etc.. with Isabella. It is so much fun watching her imagination run wild and to be able to join her. Buddy had a rough day but he's not feeling 100% either so hopefully we'll all get a good night's sleep tonight.

I'm thankful today that Mike worked from Starbucks today in Sai Kung and got home earlier than normal because as he got home there was a small fire, from the charcoal yesterday, brewing in our back yard. With the lack of rain we've had... it could have been pretty bad but Mike was able to stop it. So I'm thankful for God's protection.

Our Sr Pastor challenged the congregation to read through the Bible this coming year and Mike and I made a commitment to do so. I'm excited to see what God will teach me and what He will do in our congregation through this challenge. I expect 2009 to be an exciting year for our church and my prayer is that God will soften, teach, mold, etc.. me so that I can be used by Him. We've got almost 25 moms interested in our Mom Time and I want to take every opportunity to introduce them to the love of Christ.

How do you see God using you this year?

No comments: