Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where are you from?

We were asked this question several times this past week and I never know how to answer. I'm always like, 'Well, I grew up in PA but moved from MN but before that we lived in AL... and then I think... oh wait... maybe they were just asking what country I'm from and so I say... America and if I'm in HK and someone asks that I then question... well maybe they just mean what area... aka Ma On Shan.' Crazy... so when we were asked in the Philippines... I looked at Mike, we both smiled and said... "Wherever the Lord leads us and currently... our 'home' is Hong Kong.

It was an absolutely amazing trip. I feel weird even saying that because my opportunities to be involved as much as I would have liked to been where limited by a very tired, sick and even a bit confused little girl. It wasn't until the last few days that I was really able to interact with many people but even in my observing, the contact I did have, the conversations I had, learning about the culture and seeing the passion to serve Christ brought tears to my eyes when we were sent off this morning. The Philippines is an amazing place... I probably will never be able to explain/express exactly how I feel and it will probably even take some time to digest this past week.. but we left excited about the next time we can serve there. I personally saw God answer a prayer request of mine that I've had for several months but I'll leave that for tomorrow when it's a decent hour.

I should really hit the hay.

Thank you to everyone who kept us in your prayers... they were answered many times!

No comments: