Friday, December 22, 2006

Picked up an old book...

So I picked up an old book last week and the cover gets me every time. It states:

'God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be... JUST LIKE JESUS.'

This is such an amazing statement to me. To know that God loves me in all my faults, despite my sins, etc... but He loves me so much that He doesn't want me to continue in those sins or faults... He wants me to draw closer to Him, to become more like Him. It's so inspiring, so encouraging, so motivating... maybe I should scrap this and hang it on my wall. LOL

Just ponder that statement for awhile...

'GOD LOVES YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE, BUT HE REFUSES TO LEAVE YOU THAT WAY. HE WANTS YOU TO BE---JUST LIKE JESUS"

I know I am and am praying that God will show me how I need to become more like Him.

1 comment:

Lena Brandenburg said...

Wow, this is definitely food for thought. ITA! I'm sharing this with my husband! Thank you!