Friday, October 06, 2006

Radomness

We had a wonderful day at Stanley as a family on Tuesday. We ate at one of our favorite places for lunch and ran into Jo (a very outgoing, friendly girl from another youth group) again... same girl we ran into at the same place the last time we were at Stanely with Mike's parents. LOL And then we did a bit of shopping. I picked up a few things for Isabella as the cooler weather should (I'm praying really hard about this) be approaching, Mike actually found a pair of shorts, and I found a pair of JCrew jeans for less than $10! Some things like that are hard to pass up knowing how much you pay for them in the states. LOL The best purchase was a bag that I found. I don't know what it is about it but I fell in love with it the second I saw it but couldn't justify the price. (I'm all about deals and honestly probably don't buy much of anything that isn't on sale... at least for myself) So I just drooled over it while we shopped. Before we left, I went over to the shop and asked the lady for a discount and surprisingly (they don't really bargain much at Stanely) she gave me one... enough for me to feel okay buying it. I was so excited and it has turned out to be wonderful! It's big enough to carry all of Izzy's things and my things and look a big stylish (versus my little backpack). I'm just tickled pink that I got it and have carried it everywhere already... even if I didn't need to. :)

I called Hannah on Wed and asked if she wanted to come with me to get my ear pierced. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now and since Brett knows of a cheap place I decided to go for it. Piercing (at least ears) is really cheap here... less than $2 an ear and since I just wanted a stud in the top part of my ear it was hard to pass up. I had a piercing there before but my mom made me take it out because of my Ear Dr. telling us a story about a surgery he had done on a teen who didn't care for theirs. Anyway... I feel responsible enough (lol) to take care of it and watch for infection. Plus it was just a random, fun evening for Hannah and I to share... especially as we searched for both the store and a hair salon. (wink wink Hannah) I must admit though... the piercing set-up was so funny to me. It wasn't anything like a piercing store in the states. Here the lady pulled out the gun, a step stool, and said... "Have a seat." You never would have known you could get pierced there unless someone told you. (And yes it is safe.)

I kept Isabella busy yesterday. We went to the indoor playroom where she ran like crazy again. Although she did rest for a few minutes as she insisted on keeping her shoes on. (not allowed to have shoes in the room) Then we stopped at the park on our way home where she insisted on taking her shoes off! This girl is confusing! LOL I put her down for a nap and got a phone call from Adelina saying she was across the street at the park so Izzy got up and we played their for a bit. It was great to see them and hear about their trip to Shanghai. In the evening, we had Ebennezers with Hannah and Geeta. Afterwards Mike, Isabella and I walked along the TST promenade for a bit. We went into this section of the mall that had all these huge sales and as I was walking along the toy section and girl came right up to Isabella and took her out of the stroller! When things like this happen... I'm just stunned and don't do anything because I just can't believe it happened.

Today was Mid-Autumn Festival and to be perfectly honest... I got all my days confused and totally forgot about it! I planned on taking Isabella out with her lantern and eat dinner under the moon but I forgot. :( I was so bummed when I heard all the little kids outside but didn't have the heart to wake her. We had another busy day... went to HK park with Cindy and Lillian and she was just exhausted. She fell asleep in my arms... I will ALWAYS cherish those moments!

Mike brought me the most incredible treat home from work.... LOST! We had fun watching it together and trying to figure out what was going to happen this season. The comment about 'the next 2 weeks won't be very pleasant' has us wondering if that's going to be the entire season. lol

Well... that's quite an update on not a whole lot. LOL Off to bed~

1 comment:

Sarah LuAnne said...

hey melissa! i miss u guys and its sweet to hear your days cuz then i can remember some of the stuff we did while i was there! im thinking about returning to you guys! im hopng anyways... i dont know when tho. but i sure do miss it and you! okay well love you all! and you shouldtell mike to blog more often.. lol just playing! s