Sunday, October 12, 2008

On the mends...

Dr Kelly was available yesterday morning for a visit so we all loaded up in the car and headed to her office and boy am I glad we did. It turned out that Isabella has an ear infection on top of her normal cough variant asthma issues that are being egged on by the changing weather. She walked out with 3 bottles of meds and singular. Isaiah definitely has a cold but Dr Kelly said he was much better off than Izzy or Mike and walked out with 2 bottles of meds. Mike won the prize for most meds though... 6 in total and advice to get more sleep. :) It's times like these that I'm quite grateful to be a generally healthy person.

So I stayed home with the kids today.. mainly to force Izzy to get some rest. We watched some videos, colored, and played with some new games that were passed down to her. They both have had a bad night... Izzy not wanting to sleep (now where does that come from?) and Isaiah wanting to eat constantly... hmm where would that come from? hehe All I wanted to do was exercise but instead I chose to wallow in pity and eat some candy corn that was sent (Thanks a million Mom and Dad!), drink a Coke Zero... and watch some current tv thanks to ninjavideo.net.

This week is going to be a bit crazy... I have to work two days, have a Dr's appt, need to get Isaiah's birth certificate now that we have our visas, we have a playdate and the Love Actually retreat is this weekend.

But alas... only 5 more weeks until family arrive. I can't even begin to say how excited I am! It's going to be a great two weeks!

Please continue to pray for the family, especially Isabella and wisdom for me. She's been clingy, whiny, etc and my patience is growing quite thin. I'm trying to think of some new ways to incorporate some new things and to make a schedule for our days with hopes that maybe having more of a routine will help us continue to adjust to life as a family of four.


Oh I forgot to write... at the Dr there was another little baby. My guess was about 5 weeks or so... it was tiny in my opinion. As we were walking out, they stopped me to ask how old Isaiah was. When I said 6 weeks they were stunned. They thought he was at least 3 months. They gave us the usual... on he's so big but so cute comments and then I asked how old their baby was. They told me 7 weeks! I couldn't believe it. As we walked out I'd wished I had taken a picture of the two babies. Isaiah at 6.1 kilos and this baby at 5 kilos. It would have been priceless. Yes I do have a big baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Amara is over 8 months and still barely tops 14 pounds! She's a featherweight. Hope the Rose family health improves.