Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Date




Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket


I had today off and I really wanted to take advantage of the day. I was looking forward to sleeping in a bit, spending the morning with Isaiah, going for a run, getting Isabella off the bus and taking her to Disney. But beginning on Tues, big storms were being forecasted. I thought I'd just wait until today and see what happened.

My Mom had asked me to get some HK Disneyland umbrellas for my nieces and with rainy season upon us (yes Mike you can do your 'I told you so' dance but it is March) we wanted to get Isabella one her size so even though it was a bit sprinkly, I thought it would be a fun surprise to go. I figured we'd go, get the umbrellas, see the princesses, jump in some puddles and head home.

But when we got to the last stop before switching to the Disney train, I heard a large boom and splash. I looked out the window to see very dark clouds, trees swaying like crazy... the storm had hit. We got off and I wondered what we should do but I thought... well we're here and we're here to buy umbrellas so lets just have some fun. (Thankfully, I was smart enough to remove our long sleeves so we'd have something to change into once we got soaked.) So we made a run for it and by the time we got into the park we were drenched. Poor Izzy was so cold. But we picked out our umbrellas and went into the bathroom to change.

In the time it took us to change, the rain stopped and we had about 45 min of warmth. We rode the Cinderella carousel and then headed off to meet the princesses. Belle passed by and grabbed Isabella's hand and asked her to come take a photo with her. Then we met Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and finally Snow White. By then it was raining a bit heavier so we went into one of the stores to look for a birthday present. Once we finished, it was back to pouring so I suggested to Izzy that we head home and she agreed.

We ran from building to building trying not to get totally soaked and once we were out of the park, the rain stopped again. So I took some picks of her with her new 'Izzy sized, princess' umbrella and we headed to Kowloon station where Mike so generously offered to pick us up. We waited at Starbucks for Mike and had hot drinks since I was freezing.

But despite the weather, we did have a great time. Isabella wasn't totally shy (as she has been lately) with the princesses so it was fun to watch her interact with them and it was a blast watching her pick out a gift for her friend.

We came home and watched American Idol. :) The kids are in bed and I'm just planning my day for tomorrow.


and because he's so cute

Photobucket

No comments: